Friday, January 2, 2015

Yoga, how I've missed you...

After my recent plunger-related "injury", I took a few days off from working out. Plus, overnight long-haul flights over the Atlantic don't provide much opportunity for exercise. But today, I fought off jet lag, got myself out of bed and popped in my P90X3 Yoga.

I haven't been doing much yoga lately, and my body was letting me know it. I was stiff, and my back was still tight. Legs were on fire. Standing splits were a joke. My hamstrings were tight and fought me every step of the way. But gradually, things started to loosen up, muscles got warm, and by the end of the 30 minutes I was almost feeling refreshed.

I think I have some sort of exercise-induced amnesia. I usually feel great after my workout, so you'd think that I'd be brimming with enthusiasm every day, eagerly anticipating the sweat dripping down my face. But no - it's like I have to convince myself every single day that workouts are a good thing. Luckily I've made these workouts a habit, so I don't (usually) skip out. But you'd think I would have the motivation bit down cold by now?


No comments:

Post a Comment