Saturday, September 7, 2013

After two weeks off... I'm back to my blog!



After more than two weeks off, I've finally found some time to start writing again! I've got a great excuse for my absence. Two weeks ago yesterday we started moving into our new home outside of London. Between finishing an international move, getting the kids launched at their new school, starting new activities and trying to meet people, it's been a whirlwind. Now all of our boxes are empty, and all we have left to do is hang a few pictures. We're reaching the end of the tunnel.

But even with all of that, I haven't missed a scheduled workout. Not once. I switched a couple of workouts from one day to another, but during these two weeks of craziness I've managed to carve out a little bit of time for myself each day. It's helped me keep my energy levels up and my stress levels down, which has been essential to staying on track and getting things done.

The only other time in my life I've been this committed to a fitness schedule was during my training for the NYC Marathon. That kept me on track for a while, but once I achieved my goal of completing the race, I started to burn out. My running became less consistent, and within a few years I was barely running at all.

I honestly believe that this time is different, because my goals are internal rather than external. I want a strong, lean body with plenty of energy to do what I want to do. There is no final event to shoot for. This time, fitness is a lifestyle choice, not a date on the calendar, and its something I intend to keep doing for life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment