Sunday, August 11, 2013

Effective Ways to Lose Body Fat!

Lets face it - most people start a workout program because they want to lower their body fat percentage. There are countless diet and exercise programs out there, many of them contradicting the other. All of them promise certain weight loss, and few of them deliver the goods.

This weekend, I read a really good, straightforward article which explains some of the most effective ways to cut body fat. I'm not a bodybuilder, and I'm not aiming for 10-15% body fat. I just want to lose a few more body fat percentage points to achieve the look I want.

This article really cuts to the basics of what a good fitness and eating program aimed at fat burning should include, and applies to anyone looking to get in shape Even though it's a bodybuilding website, the article is written in a way that applies to everyone, whether they have 5, 50 or even 100 pounds to lose:

Bodybuilding.com fat loss article

Some of the highlights of the article include:

1) The use of moderate aerobic exercise, which increases in intensity as fat loss occurs. High intensity interval training should be used by intermediate to advanced exercisers to speed fat loss. Insanity, anyone?

2) Cutting out saturated fats from your diet (fats that solidify at room temperature) - but keep the omega-3 and -6 fats which can enhance your metabolism.

3) Cutting out bad carbs - but keep the good ones! You don't want to go carbo-crazy, but you need some carbs to fuel your body. Foods like brown rice, beans and oats are great for you - and don't forget to eat enough fiber!

4) Drinking a lot of water

5) Incorporating weight or resistance training (which starts during T25 Beta)

There's a lot more info in the article, and I highly recommend it, since it highlights a lot of what I believe in, and I think it's very consistent with the T25 program that I'm currently doing. Tomorrow evening I'm planning to put together a list of foods that contain healthy fats and good carbs - I'm looking for some inspiration in my kitchen, and that seems like a good place to start.




Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment