Sunday, October 27, 2013

Getting ready for my 10 day Shakeology challenge...


I don't write much about healthy eating. Like a lot of people, I think we generally eat pretty well, especially when we're at home. I make sure we have fresh fruits and vegetables, I cook mainly from scratch and avoid most processed foods, and my kids are pretty good eaters. All in all, not too bad. That said, I like to eat out from time to time, and when I do I'm not that careful. To some degree, I work out because I like to eat, and I don't want to be constantly restricted. When I was losing weight, I mainly did it through portion control, rather than cutting food categories ( like carbs) out of my diet.

However, in November I'm doing an experiment - I'm going to try and stick to a clean diet for 10 days straight. I've never, ever tried to follow one of the meal plans that come with my workouts. Since I'm now a Beachbody Coach - and I'm actually helping people find the motivation to stick to their programs - I think it's time I practice what I preach.

So starting on November 11, some other coaches and I are leading a "10 day Shakeology challenge". Shakeology is a nutritional shake that I already use. We'll be working with our customers who are either trying the product for the first time, or who want to improve their overall nutritional plan.

As for me, I've decided to follow the Focus T25 nutrition plan that came with my workout package. During the challenge I'll drink Shakeology for one of the five small meals a day called for in the T25 plan. I'll probably aim to eat 1800 calories a day, and the recipes will be made up of good whole foods, leaving out the junk.

This means I'll really need to plan my meals. No more fly by night shopping. I'll need to design them so they are suitable both for me and for the kids. If I eat out, I'll really have to think about the menu and not blow through my calorie allotment. Hopefully the challenge will make me more disciplined in my food choices, which will ultimately benefit the whole family!

No comments:

Post a Comment