Friday, July 19, 2013

Day 12 - Focus T25 Friday double - Lower focus and Ab Intervals

So, when I ordered T25 I thought it would be 25 minutes a day, 5 days a week. After two full rounds of Insanity, I thought it would be the perfect solution for a packed summer schedule. And it is, really - except for Fridays. The weekly double workout.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. Sometimes I miss the intensity of the long workouts during Insanity Month 2. But if you plan to do T25, be aware there's just a little more to it.

Now, I'm not a big fan of lower body workouts. I can handle cardio all day, but squats and lunges drive me nuts. I do them, I know how important they are, I sit as low as I can, but they are not fun. The lower focus workout is packed with them.

Ab intervals, on the other hand, I love. Maybe at the end of T25 I'll be able to hold a strong V-sit with my arms reaching toward the air. Right now, I'm just struggling to survive. But I really like this ab workout, more than Cardio Abs from Insanity. With that workout, I found it easy by then end of my first round. I think the ab intervals will keep me challenged all the way through - and this is just the Alpha round, the first five weeks of the program. I expect it will step up a notch during the Beta round (weeks 6-10).

Tomorrow is a rest day, we're supposed to take measurements and weight. I don't have a scale this summer, but I'll check my measurements in the morning out of curiosity. I don't expect to lose many inches doing this program, for now its all about maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment