Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Focus T25 - Speed 1.0

Like I mentioned yesterday, I really need to improve my agility. I used to fence for the University of Michigan, so once upon a time I could handle the quick footwork. More than 20 years later, I'm not quite where I need to be.

I'm in week 3 of T25, so I've completed this workout several times before. It addresses one of the issues I mentioned yesterday, by mixing active and static stretches with speed/agility cardio moves throughout the video.

I do understand why T25 can't include stretching segments in every video. The program is designed to be completed by people with limited time, so if you spend too much time on the stretch you can't do the hard work needed to improve cardio fitness and strengthen the core. That said, I'm still concerned about the possibility of injuries, particularly with people who are new to exercise. Think about adding some extra stretching at the end of the workout (in addition to the cool down section) if you want to improve flexibility and reduce the chance of injury.


No comments:

Post a Comment